Friday, October 5, 2012

My passion in Education

As an educator, I truly want the best for the children I am teaching to. It is my goal to become a role model, leader,mentor,friend and ongoing learner.The thing I am most passionate about is teaching this generations children how to become successful 21st century citizens. It is not, to me at least, adequate to just teach for short term memory and rote memorization. I want to make an impact on children's lives and help them become technology savvy. I would also hope to create critical thinkers who can apply what they have learned in the classroom to their lives. The worst thing to me is learning something short term, being tested on it, and then forgetting it and never really using or relating it to your life. Learning more about the Ipad allows children to become active,participative learners in their own education.I would like to use project based learning more to help children use their creativity and make learning applicable and individualized to each and every student. To me, teaching is taking the best practices and allowing your students to use your practices as a opportunity for growth and development. This is part of my pasion in teaching. Along with my words written on this page, I have made my own board to visualize my thoughts. I hope you like it !

http://wallwisher.com/wall/educationalpassion


4 comments:

  1. Cool board! I like the visuals in addition to your written post--it adds a lot to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the way you posted the pictures and video.. and most of all I enjoyed watching edutopia.org video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the board and the way you choose to display this interactively. It goes to show that you are leading my example. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the wallwisher! It is fun to see such a creative visual representation of your passions.

    ReplyDelete