Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Learning so far

Although the course is not over yet, I feel like I have learned so much about how technology can enhance ones career and personal use of the internet.

As an educator, I have found that it is very helpful to hear others perspectives,ideas,activities, thinking,etc. Before, I would attend school mettings and PD days to get that wonderful teacher to teacher advice,suggestions,feedback. Now, I have learned that through social media sites such as Twitter, Pinterest,blogging and Scoop it, I have access to a plethora of resources. I now can use twitter effectively, instead of seeing it as a "this is what I did today"app. I have come to  use Tweetdeck everyday to connect with other educators and expand my teaching practices. I have also learned how to cultivate my own PLN and what a PLN is. Creating my own blog puts my thoughts and ideas about certain concepts on paper and i am able to hear other peoples comments and perspectives on the issues. I am now more connected than I was before.
I am starting to become more of a risk taker with my ideas and I am learning that this is okay and actually quite helpful on my blog. I can not express how excited I am witha ll this social media and can not wait to bring it into my classroom and share all of the wonderful things I am learning.
Organized tweets are very beneficial.Tweetdeck has been amazing!

2 comments:

  1. PD at our fingertips--I agree, definitely one of the best things about Twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes tweetdeck have changed our view to twitter, as you said it is not What I am going to do today any more

    ReplyDelete